I have been testing "smart home" devices for several years. I have purchased, tested...then gifted...several camera systems, etc., as I determined what works best for me.
Current Setup, excluding computers, printer, and a few other things:
- Gateway device from my broadband provider.
- eero mesh WiFi system
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus
- 1 Ring Chime Pro
- 1 Kasa Smart Bulb, Dimmable Color Changing (Front Door)
- 1 Govee 32.8ft Neon Rope Light (Front Entrance)
- 2 Ring Indoor Cameras
- 1 Ring A19 Smart LED Bulb (Back Yard Patio)
- 1 Ring PAR38 Smart LED Bulb (Carport)
- 4 Ring Outdoor Cameras, Stick Up Camera, Battery (Back Yard, Carport, Garden, North Yard)
- 1 Echo Show (Office)
- 1 Echo Dot (Master Bedroom)
- 3 Toshiba 32LF221U21 31.5-inch Smart HD 720p TV - Fire TV, Released 2020 (Gym, Workshop, Guest Bedroom)
- 1 Fire TV Cube (Living Room)
- 1 Fire TV Stick (Den)
- 1 Fire TV Gaming Edition (Office)
- 3 Kasa HS100 WiFi Smart Plugs
- 2 Kasa KP400 Outdoor Smart Plug
- 3 Kasa KP303 Smart Plug Power Strip
- 2 iDOO WiFi 12 Pods Hydroponic Growing System
- 1 Honeywell Smart Thermostat
So, I have some experience with the frustrations that all of this can cause. Currently, I prefer the Amazon Alexa and Ring apps & products.